Hi! I’m Megan! Lover of yoga, psychology, education, books, warm socks, and coffee!
I’ve been known to have both brown hair:
And purple hair:
I graduated in 2012 with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Mount Allison University- a small University on the border of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Upon graduation, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do as a career so I decided to take some time off and join the workforce. Those three years were tough, both professionally and personally, but they were the years where I really grew as a person and found my niche.
Somewhere in the mess of my life I started going to the gym- and hated it. I found myself spending more time stretching and practicing breathing techniques than on the machines. It was then that I, using Pinterest as my guide, started practicing yoga. I taught myself yoga, fell in love, and decided that this was what I wanted to do with my life – teach yoga and mindfulness. So I invested in a yoga teacher training program with the Canadian Yoga Alliance.
After becoming a certified yoga instructor, I moved to Montreal from New Brunswick to pursue my Master’s in Education- General Educational Psychology at McGill University and began teaching yoga in various schools throughout Montreal, while also completing my children’s relaxation (mindfulness) certification, as well as a certificate in teaching children’s yoga.
I believe that yoga and mindfulness in the education system is extremely important for the positive growth and development of our students and want to help incorporate these practices into the education system any way I can.
Want to know more? Here are some fun facts about me.
- I have the most beautiful niece in the world.
- One of my thumbs is shorter than the other.
- I love to read and I know how to quilt.
- I collect mugs.
- I do not believe in “bad” or “negative” emotions.
- I believe that everything happens for a reason. As cliche as it sounds.
- If I had to eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be fruit. With all the coffee in the world of course.
- I love to do crafty things- woodworking, quilting, scrapbooking, painting, etc
- I have two degrees & three certifications.
- I’ve interviewed with Pornhub’s Sexual Wellness Centre. You can find that here if you are interested in reading it. Don’t worry, it’s not super raunchy!
New? Start here for more information on Learning Lotuses.
Check out my Events & Press and contact me here if you have any questions, comments, want to collab, or just want to chat!
Mindfulness for Kids!
Sign up for a FREE 4-day email course Mindfulness for Kids from Learning Lotuses!